Friday, March 29, 2013

Stamping

There are some days I love to stamp, other days I read, then other times I cross stitch.  Then there are lots of days where I don't do anything!  That's been mostly the case lately.
 
But since spring break, I've been playing with my stamps.  I pulled out a set I hardly have used, SU! Great Friend, now retired.  It's one I just had to have, used it on a card or two, then it sat in the closet unused for a very long time.  Partly because it is wood mounted and I prefer my clear mount sets over the wood nowadays. 
 
 
 
 
 
So I pulled out the neglected set, peeled it off it's wood block and made it into a clear mount set using Papilio Inkjet clear static cling vinyl film using THIS tutorial and THIS one. 
 
Found the coordinating designer series paper (that I just had to have with the set!) and inked up the stamps.  Made several cards, like the ones above and below.
 
 
 
 
I'm determined to use up all of this paper, making simple coordinating tags with the scraps.  No use hoarding it. 
 

 
 
 
Had to pull out an old color to match with the designer series paper, A Walk in the Park.  It uses the retired color Cameo Coral.  Good thing I hadn't gotten rid of it yet.  I am getting ready to clean out my stamp room and do away with the old colors and coordinating cardstock. 
 

 
 
Going to find another old set to redo and give it a little inky love.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!