Monday, August 27, 2012

Keeping Calm..........


Hello Friends!

We are back into the swing of school time!  Whew!  I'm trying to "Keep Calm" as we carry onto the new school.  My boys started 6th and 4th grade and I've got 14 new little ones in the preschool class I assist in.  They are precious!  

Things have been busy and I have been super tired lately with getting adjusted into our school routines.  Things are settling down now and everyone is happy in their places.  

Back in July, I sent a little gift to my sister.  It was a book entitled, 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society', a historical fiction novel, that is charming and full of quirky characters telling the time when an English island was occupied by Germany during WWII .  An English themed book, the card I enclosed with it was a perfect match I thought.   





All supplies used are from Stampin Up! 

We are already looking forward to a three day weekend with Labor Day coming up!  Just 4 more school days.  Woohoo!

Take care and thanks for stopping by!



Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Carry On
Paper: midnight muse, whisper white & real red
ink:  real red, white craft, gold metallic ink
accessories:  1"inch circle punch, clear jewels



3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I appreciate all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card to include with the book, Laura! I loved that book and all of it's characters, too...

    I well remember those exhausting, confusing first days back at school--all the papers to sign and forms to fill out!! I'm sure your guys will settle in nicely and you'll thoroughly enjoy your little students this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is wonderful and match perfect with the book !!
    I read it (in french !!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!