Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cottage Of The Month Progress

So.

Little behind on my cottages.  Got a little sidetracked with other stuff but I'm back on stitching these cute houses.  Here's my work in progress on June:
 


See the lenses?  I'm sporting readers now, +1.0,  to do my needlework.   I had been struggling for awhile and then it occured to me that magnifiers might help and so I went shopping for some and got a 3 pair pack for $8 at my local TJMaxx.

What a difference it has made in my stitching!  And you know what?  I kinda like wearing them.  Thought I would feel so self-conscience and well, old.  But not really.   Now I find myself checking out glasses wherever I go in case I find a really cute pair. 

Think I'll go slip them on now and stitch a few rows before breakfast.

Have a great day!



5 comments:

  1. Very cute cottage, Laura, and your new readers look great. Glasses are quite a fashion statement these days :) Glad they're helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress. Great idea to use the glasses while stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on June, too! So glad I'm not the only one. Love the glasses! I had to get a reading prescription last year in my glasses (I'm so thankful for progressive lenses) - also just a +1.0, but as you say, it makes all the difference in stitching! Happy stitching and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. June looks great, and yes, it can be fun to play with different frames and try out different styles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a cute cottage. Great glasses purchase. I wear glasses and use a magnifying glass these days when I'm stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!