Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tea Shoppe

Happy Saturday Everyone! 

Popping in with a stamped card today.  When SU! came out with this stamp set in their current Occasions Mini Catalog, I knew I just had to have it.  I love tea and all the little things that go with it.  Pretty cups, pretty teapots, pretty dainty food to go with the tea.  I find it all very relaxing and soothing.   So of course I had to get this set and this is my first card with it.


I used the layout from the mini catalog that the stamp set is featured in but added my own elements to it.  Used River Rock as my base for the card, a piece of Everyday Enchantment designer series paper, a Wilton small doily, and a strip of whisper white that was punched using the Eyelet Border punch then run thru the crimper for texture.  The large teacup was stamped using lucky limeade ink onto very vanilla cardstock and cut out.  Popped up with dimensionals and little pearls embellish the florals on the cup. 

I took a teabag and snipped off the end to remove the tea (otherwise it would have been too thick to have behind the cup) and stamped it with the little floral image in pool party ink.  Made a little tag for the teabag using the white peony image and colored it in with a blender pen in lucky limeade and pool party.  Seam binding in pool party color and a little tag with the "just for you" sentiment finishes it. 



Adding this card to Our Creative Corner's  "How Green Is Your Spring!" challenge.  The challenge is to make any papercraft to show Spring in all it's color using Green as the main color. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful Saturday! 


5 comments:

  1. OH, how FABULOUS, Laura! I have been eying this stamp set, and I'm heading over to order it! Your card is such an inspiration! I love the soft blue with the greens and a touch of doily, lace, and ribbon make my heart sing! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty, and creative card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cup of pretty! I love your tea bag..wonderful idea! Love that background paper as well. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your card via a Pinterest pin -- lovely card and lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!