Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Little Valentine Bird Stitch

Brrr.......it's a cold and windy weekend here.  The coldest weather we've had yet I believe.  It's such a shock to the system when we've had such mild weather.  But I don't mind it really, especially if we stay indoors for the most part.  And I'm not tired of wearing sweaters yet so I'm good. 

 Regardless of the cold, I braved out early Saturday morning for a nice drive to Salisbury, NC to check out a needlework shop that I had no idea existed.  Faye  (Carolina Stitcher) mentioned the place on her blog.  What a treat!   Came back with a few things for my stitchy stash.  Not that I needed to get anything as I have plenty of stuff to work on but....you know how that goes.  :)

So after getting my Blackbird Stocking done, I'm inspired to get more things finished.  Out of the stitched drawer and into the light to be admired. 

Here's one that was stitched last year:


Valentine Bird (Wee Ones) from Heart In Hands Needleart. 

Check out that long crease in the fabric!  Guess I need to improve my ironing skills. 




Stitched this on the called for fabric, 32ct Summer Khaki Belfast Linen, and used Crescent Colours and Weeks Dye Works listed on the pattern.   A little heart button from Just A Button Company adds a little emblishment.




Found the frame at my local TJMaxx.  It's a regular picture frame with the glass removed.  Used a little bit of batting to make it puff out slightly. 






A little bit of whimsy for February. 

Hope you have a great day!





3 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you! Great framing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty little piece beautifully framed in time for Valentine's Day.
    Lucky you to be able to visit a bricks and mortar LNS.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your Valentine piece! Great Finish!
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!