Thursday, September 29, 2011

Biltmore

For the last few years, my husband and I have made it a special treat to go up to Asheville, NC for either our anniversary or my birthday.  Our annual trip is coming up soon and we both are SO looking forward to the couple of days we'll spend there.  Just relaxing together and enjoying each others company. 

We spend most of the time at The Biltmore Estate.  George Vanderbilt built a stunning mansion (more like a castle) in Asheville, NC.  It's simply amazing and the grounds and surrounding scenery is just beautiful, especially in the fall.  If you have never been, I highly recommend going to take a visit.  The house and grounds (which include gardens, a conservatory, vineyards, a farm area, and The Inn at Biltomre Estate) are beautifully maintained.  There is much to see there and restaurants and shops.  Here are a few pictures taken from a trip a couple of years ago:

A view from our picnic spot we always have by the river at the back of the house





Fall mums on beautiful display at the gardens of the estate



A view from the back terrace of the house



It's such a relaxing couple of days.  After touring the house & gardens, we head up to The Biltmore Inn on the estate to enjoy a lunch out on the inn's terrace and then relax in their library with tea and a book (for him) and needlework (for me), taking in the beautiful scenery all the while.  The views there are so lovely!   The trip is coming up soon so I need to decide on a small stitchy companion for myself that will remind me of our annual trip. 

Have a great rest of the week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It makes my day!